My first experiment was with a bunch of Native Daphne leaves boiled in an old aluminium base electric fry pan. I had offered this pan online to Freecyclers ...twice....but had no takers. So glad now, as it has become my official indoor dyeing pot .
Experienced natural dyers may throw up their hands in horror at the process, but I did get some colour and turned off the pan shortly after it appeared. In the dull night light I though I had a grey colour and planned to use it in a felt picture. I left it soaking it in juice over night and in the light of day I was delighted when I discovered a lovely soft green. The photos don't show the true colour....it is best described as a lovely pastel Grannie Smith apple green.