Monday, October 4, 2010

Australian Natives and Natural Dyeing



I'm playing with dyes again using foliage from natives in my garden.  I'm not sure what they are called and I have no idea what recipes to use....will it stop me experimenting No!!   I do remember something about one teaspoon of alum ...so it went into the pot with the golden leaves from this tree.  I wonder what colour I will get.






The next experiment will be this pretty native (below)... with tiny silver leaves and sweet perfumed white flowers that cascade over the banks of creeks.




I found this one as a seeding in the middle of the bush track along the brigalow flats on a  grazing lease I once owned in the Jandowae/Chinchilla area Qld many years ago.
 
I would love to hear from anyone who is familiar with natural dyeing using either of these natives...or what the natives are called.
Happy dyeing

No comments:

Post a Comment